Would you like to grow your own beauty garden that you can use for their tremendous cosmetic benefits? So simple to do this as a large or small garden, inside or out, the advantages are great. Just think, herbs made Cleopatra more beautiful than ever and you can be too. Listed are the most popular of the plants you can grow for beauty.
1. Aloe Vera – It is a natural moisturizer found in many cosmetics today. It not only softens the skin but has healing properties to treat cuts, bruises and sunburns.
2. Chamomile – Not only is it an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, it reduces puffy eyes. Use chamomile for softer and lighter hair.
3. Echinacea – The cone flower and root helps with acne.
4. Rose – A natural moisturizer and astringent, use rose to reduce wrinkles.
5. Dandelion – So many uses exist for the flowers, stems and sap of this plant. A natural antiseptic, it is used to treat burns, insect bites and acne. It can be used as a moisturizer to revitalize skin and it even softens hair.
6. Garlic – Use garlic for dandruff.
7. Lemon Balm – Used in many soaps not only for its wonderful lemon scent but also for its healing properties as a natural astringent.
8. Lavender – It smells good so it is natural to expect it in perfumes, oils, powders, soaps and creams. There is more to lavender than its scent. It is a natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory so it cleanses the skin, great for acne and wrinkles alike.
You can raise many others in your garden such as yarrow, rosemary and thyme. All these are natural antiseptics that clean and sooth irritated skin and scalp. Mint is everywhere and you can certainly smell it when nearby. Mint is also an antiseptic and is used in many soaps.
Now, go and plant your beauty garden. Make sure to ask a medical professional for their opinion on any herbal uses. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.